Learn more about the Float UI licensing model
Float UI grants you an on-going, non-exclusive license to use the Components.
- Use the Components to create unlimited End Products.
- Modify the Components to create derivative components. Those components are subject to this license.
- Use the Components to create unlimited End Products for unlimited Clients.
- Use the Components to create End Products where the End Product is sold to End Users.
- Use the Components to create End Products that are open source and freely available to End Users.
- Use the Components to create End Products that are designed to allow an End User to build their own End Products using the Components or derivatives of the Components.
- Re-distribute the Components or derivatives of the Components separately from an End Product, neither in code or as design assets.
Examples of usage allowed by the license:
- Creating a personal website by yourself
- Creating a website or web application for a client that will be owned by that client
- Creating a commercial SaaS application (like an invoicing app for example) where end users have to pay a fee to use the application
- Creating a commercial self-hosted web application that is sold to end users for a one-time fee
- Creating a web application where the primary purpose is clearly not to simply re-distribute the components (like a conference organization app that uses the components for its UI for example) that is free and open source, where the source code is publicly available
Examples of usage not allowed by the license:
- Creating a repository of your favorite Float UI components (or derivatives based on Float UI components) and publishing it publicly
- Creating a React version of Float UI and making it available either for sale or for free
- Creating a "website builder" project where end users can build their own websites using components included with or derived from Float UI
- Creating a theme, template, or project starter kit using the components and making it available either for sale or for free
Have a question? Feel free to contact us and we'll help you out.